The Samsung Galaxy A50 was one of the smartphones launched by Samsung at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) held in Barcelona, Spain, in February 2019. The mobile features an AMOLED display with a fingerprint scanner beneath the screen.
The computer was launched along with the Samsung Galaxy A10, Galaxy A30, and other ASeries members. It provides an impressive range of features, such as a 6.4-inch super AMOLED screen, a fingerprint reader, a three-way rear camera system consisting of 25MP + 8MP + 5MP sensors. YouR17;re even having a 25 megapixels front-facing shooter for selfies.
It comes with a 2.3GHz Octa-core Exynos 9610 processor running either 4GB RAM and 64GB/128GB ROM or 6GB RAM and 128GB ROM. It comes with an interesting 4,000mAh battery capacity and also features 15W of fast battery charging.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Key Specs & Features
- 6.4-inch Super AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Infinity U Display
- Android 9.0 Pie
- 4GB RAM / 6GB RAM
- 2.3GHz Octa-core Exynos 9610 Processor
- 64GB / 128GB ROM, up to 512GB Built-in Storage
- 25MP + 8MP + 5MP Triple Rear Camera
- 25MP Front Camera
- 4,000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint Scanner (Under Display)
Design and Display
The Samsung Galaxy A50 sports a 6.4-inch 1080 x 2340 pixels, Infinity-U Super AMOLED display which offers a great screen resolution of 1080 by 2340 pixels, and a 403ppi an also a notch cut out that is at the top for the device camera.
Beneath this display is the fingerprint sensor (under display fingerprint scanner). You get triple camera on the back. The device is water and dust-proof, thanks to it being IP68- qualified.
The Samsung Galaxy A50 display is enclosed in glass, but the body design is plastic, reflecting the Black, White, Coral, and the Blue color selections elegantly.
You have the option of picking the device in single SIM or Dual SIM. Both of the models offer a steadfast Micro-SD card slot.
Hardware and Software
Samsung Galaxy A50 comes with an Exynos 9610 Octa SoC. The SoC is an octa-core processor which is clocked at up to 2.3GHz working in union with a Mali-G72 MP3 GPU.
The configuration is combined with either 4GB RAM and 32GB ROM built-in or a 6GB RAM and 128GB ROM. The smartphone provides a labeled Micro-SD slot, expanding your storage up to 512GB if you might need an additional storage capacity.
As for the software, the Samsung Galaxy A50 launched with the latest Android OS, the Android 9 (Pie), out of the box, and is coupled with Samsung’s latest One UI.
Camera and Battery
Samsung Galaxy A50 comes with 4 cameras in total: three is at the back and one is in front at the notch.
The first rear camera offers 25 megapixels sensor with an f/1.7 aperture and PDAF; the second rear cam is an ultrawide camera, of 8MP that offers an f/2.2 aperture, and the third is a 5MP depth camera which equally features an f/2.2 opening.
The device has an LED flash and more features such as the Panorama and HDR. It can also take 4k and 1080p video recording at 30fps.
In the front of the smartphone, there is a single 25MP selfie snapper with f/2.0 aperture. And it features HDR and it can shoot 1080p videos at 30fps.
The Samsung Galaxy A50 is furnished with a 4,000mAh battery capacity that has a 15W fast charging capacity. Sadly, it does not offer wireless charging.
Network and Connectivity
The Samsung Galaxy A50 comes with a 4G LTE, GPS, Bluetooth, and dual-band Wi-Fi, direct, Wi-Fi hotspot, and a 3.5mm jack, NFC, and USB a Type-C port. It does not support 5G.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy A50:
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie OS (One UI)
- Processor: Octa-core 4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU; Exynos 9610 10nm SoC
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Memory: 4GB RAM / 6GB RAM
- Colours: Black, White, Blue, Coral
- Dimension: 158.5 x 74.7 x 7.7 mm
- Weight: 166 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM or Dual SIM
- Display: 6.4-inch, Super AMOLED Touchscreen, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 1080 x 2340 pixels (430 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Foldable Display: –
- Rear Camera: 25MP + 8MP + 5MP camera, 2160p@30fps, 1080p Video@30fps
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR, AR Emojis
- Front Camera: 25MP camera, 1080p Video@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB ROM
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 512GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: NO
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: NO
- WLAN: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (optional)
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Video Player: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: –
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under Display)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: NO
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4,000 mAh non-removable Li-Po battery
- Internet Usage Time: up to 12 hours (3G), up to 14 hours (LTE), up to 15 hours
- Video Playback: up to 19 hours
- Fast Charging: Yes (15W)
Is Samsung A50 worth buying in 2021?
Conclusions. The Samsung Galaxy A50 is a solid midrange phone with good looks, a gorgeous OLED display, and solid battery life. If you’re a die-hard Samsung fan in search of a good midrange handset, this is your best bet. If not, you should consider the Pixel 3a.
How much is Samsung A50 in Naira?
Samsung Galaxy A50 price in Nigeria starts at ₦90,000 ($241) for the model with 4GB RAM and 128GB of built-in storage and ₦97,500 ($270) for the model with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of built-in storage. Both models are affordable and available in stores around you across the country.